Preservica is a high growth technology business that is changing the way organisations safeguard their digital information. As a world-leader in digital preservation technology, our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organisations across the globe.
We believe that in order to have a winning product you have to have a great team and we seek to hire the brightest and most talented commercial and technical innovators in the market today. As part of our continued expansion, we are now looking for an Application Support Engineer who is a talented customer focused professional ready to take their support role to the next level. This is a hands-on role that requires a combination of both technical and organisational / inter-personal skills. The role reports to the Delivery Project Manager and the ideal candidate will live within commuting distance of Abingdon.
As Technical Support Specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Delivery and integration of the Preservica solution in customer environments, ensuring technical issues and blockers are resolved
• Participating in technical discussions with customer technology teams to plan adoption and ensure best practices are applied during implementation
• Liaising with in-house teams to facilitate customer installations and resolve common issues
• Going to customers sites to perform installation and knowledge transfer to customer’s IT team (travel in Europe: 10-20% of the time)
Knowledge & Experience:
• Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows systems and utilities essential
• Understanding of web application hosting and infrastructure desirable
• Understanding of firewalls and network infrastructure desirable
• Knowledge of Directory Services (AD/LDAP) and SSL Security desirable
• Knowledge of XML, SQL and any relational database desirable
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to build positive working relationships with customers
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills that you can apply to solve technical problems and deliver results on time
• Self-motivated, delivery focused, works equally well independently and in teams • Highly organised with a strong command of detail. Comfortable with balancing priorities and multitasking
• A passion for innovation and a desire to learn
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer tangible career development opportunities and dedicated training time to support professional growth.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with details of your current package and aspirations to our Recruitment team at – firstname.lastname@example.org – stating the role in the subject line.
If you would like further information or to discuss the role in person, please contact Mark Compton at – email@example.com or call 01235 428946.