Preservica is pleased to announce that we will be exhibiting and presenting in the pre-con workshop at this years Management of Electronic Records Conference at The Chicago Marriott Downtown
If you are heading to MER this year or thinking about attending find our stand in exhibitor space or why not arrange an informal meeting with the team from Preservica onsite, simply contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will be in touch to arrange a time that suits you.
Don’t miss out on the Pre-conference tutorial in conjunction with Lori Ashley, Tournesol Consulting and Patricia Morris, eArchive Science LLC.
T3. PROTECTING AND ENSURING ACCESS TO YOUR ORGANIZATION’S LONG-TERM DIGITAL INFORMATION ASSETS
Sunday May 7, 2017 10am-5pm
The deep and growing reliance on electronically stored information to meet business, regulatory, statutory and legal obligations is accompanied by inherent risks associated with technology obsolescence. No longer the exclusive domain of archivists and data scientists, the capability to ensure that mission-critical digital information assets remain accessible, trustworthy, authentic and secure over successive generations of solutions and custodians has been identified by leading IT analysts as a “must have” for every organization.
Key Issues This Session Will Address
Learn how to integrate the roles, processes, solutions and services required to identify, transfer, safeguard, deliver and manage long-term structured, unstructured and semi-structured digital assets into your Information Governance framework. eArchive operating and service models as well as case studies from commercial and government sectors will be explored.
Attendees of this MER ’17 Pre-Con session will:
- Learn the building blocks of long-term digital information asset management
- Hear what leading IT analysts are saying about the “preservation environment” you need in your infrastructure in order to build a business case for advancing long-term digital protection and access capabilities
- Understand how to integrate the governance of digital preservation services and access activities into existing RIM and IG programs
- Learn about current trends in large scale migration and transfer methodologies and technologies
- Define roles and accountabilities needed to mitigate risk and ensure the future-proofing of trusted business records