***Please register using the form opposite to view the webinar recording***
The DPCMM combines the requirements of the OAIS (Open Archival Information System) Reference model (ISO 14721) with the requirements for a Trustworthy Digital Repository (ISO 16363) into a scorecard that can be used to assess overall digital preservation capability (governance, policy, process and systems) – enabling an organization to quickly identify strengths as well as areas for improvement.
In particular, we will explore how deploying a standards-based digital preservation system can help achieve a significant step-change in an organization’s digital preservation capability – moving from nominal up to advanced/optimal capability in 9 out of the 15 DPCMM components.
What you will learn:
- How to assess digital preservation capability – using the DPCMM scorecard
- The key components of a robust digital preservation strategy
- How to conform with the main ISO Standards for archiving and preservation
- The core functions of a standards-based digital preservation system
- The impact of deploying a standards-based digital preservation system on overall digital preservation capability
- How to achieve a step-change in digital preservation capability