***Please register using the form opposite to view the webinar recording***
An increased focus on better Information Governance and pressure on resources is driving the need for closer alignment between long-term retention of electronic records and secure, active Digital Preservation.
Everyone can benefit from this relationship:
- Archivists can get more automated and authoritative access to material held in the corporate systems
- Records Managers can incorporate Digital Preservation technology to make sure their records are readable when needed
- IT Managers can reduce the workload and impact of implementing separate systems by adopting an integrated approach
In this webinar, we explore how organizations are meeting this challenge, as well as look at Preservica’s roadmap for developing closer integration between Records/Content Management systems and Digital Preservation.
We will be looking at:
- Digital Preservation of business records with long retention periods
- Disposal of content from records/content management to the digital archive
In addition, we will look at some specific tools for digitally preserving content from Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook email, and leading CMS/ERMS platforms, and discuss how this can be extended to the wider information management landscape.
What you will learn:
- Preservica’s vision for a close alignment between Records Management and Digital Preservation
- How other organizations are meeting this challenge
- Practical examples of automated transfer of records from Sharepoint and Outlook as well how other systems can be added
Who should attend:
Archivists, Records Managers and IT Managers