Preservica is a high growth technology business that is changing the way organisations safeguard their digital information. As a world-leader in digital preservation technology, our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organisations across the globe.
We believe that in order to have a winning product you have to have a great team and we seek to hire the brightest and most talented commercial and technical innovators in the market today. As part of our continued expansion, we are now looking for a Support Engineer to join our operations team delivering support for a portfolio of Preservica solutions, both cloud and enterprise hosted, to customers at every stage of the customer lifecycle. Your main focus will be to deliver the highest quality customer service, resolving technical issues and queries in a timely and responsive manner. This is a great opportunity for a technical professional who loves to engage with customers around the world and help solve a wide range of challenging technical issues to the satisfaction of all parties.
With ambitious plans to grow the business as well as expand into larger premises on the Abingdon Science Park, this is a great time to join a growing team and contribute to the company’s on-going success.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows systems, utilities and scripting essential
• Experience of effective ticket based management essential
• Understanding of web application hosting and infrastructure desirable
• Understanding of firewalls and network infrastructure desirable
• Knowledge of Directory Services (AD/LDAP) and SSL Security desirable
• Knowledge of XML, SQL and any relational database desirable
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to build positive working relationships with customers
• A talent for thinking laterally, solving problems and delivering great customer service
• Self-motivated, delivery focused, driven and committed with high energy levels.
• Highly organised with a strong command of detail. Comfortable with balancing priorities and multitasking
• A passion for innovation and a desire to learn
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer tangible leadership and career development opportunities and dedicated training time to support professional growth.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with details of your current package and aspirations to our Recruitment team at – firstname.lastname@example.org – stating the role in the subject line.
If you would like further information or to discuss the role in person, please contact Mark Compton at – email@example.com or call 01235 428946.