Preservica is a high growth technology business that is changing the way organisations safeguard their digital information. As a world-leader in digital preservation technology, our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organisations across the globe.
We believe that in order to have a winning product you have to have a great team and we seek to hire the brightest and most talented commercial and technical innovators in the market today. As part of our continued expansion, we are now looking for an experienced UK/EMEA Sales Executive to join our growing team and be responsible for selling a portfolio of Preservica solutions including:
• Preservica Cloud Edition (CE): a subscription-based digital preservation service hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud
• Preservica Enterprise Editions (EE): licence-based digital preservation software platform hosted on clients own premises
You will be responsible for new business sales in specific account territories. You will manage all aspects of the sales process and work alongside the Preservica marketing team to convert inbound prospect enquiries into new customers. Attention to understanding the business drivers of various types of institutions, and to navigate both Public sector and Corporate buying processes, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
In your role as a UK/EMEA Sales Executive, you will be the lead person engaging directly with potential clients for Preservica. You will understand how they buy, and their selection criteria. You will be equally capable of engaging with senior decision makers, end users and technical buyers. You will be a confident and articulate presenter, capable of writing authoritative and engaging customer communications and proposals, and able to negotiate and close contracts with prospective new customers. The UK/EMEA Sales Executive reports directly to the VP Sales & Channel and the ideal candidate will live within commuting distance of Abingdon. Some international travel will be required.
With ambitious plans to grow the business, this is a great time to join a growing team and contribute to the company’s on-going success.
• Generation of new business to meet individual and team revenue targets
• Manage key aspects of the sales cycle from initial enquiry through to ongoing account management
• Work with all departments of Preservica and use internal resources most effectively to win business
• Hand over new business to the Preservica Project & Customer Support teams in a structured, documented manner
• Provide timely management reports as requested (e.g. Sales Pipeline Reports)
• Represent Preservica at Industry events, including conferences & exhibitions
• Keep diaries and other housekeeping tools up to date and accurate
• Provide structured market feedback to Marketing, Project and Development teams as required
Knowledge & Experience:
• 7+ years of software sales experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (Business or Computer Science is an advantage)
• Knowledge and experience of SaaS, Cloud Services, Data Storage
• Knowledge of any of the following software markets: Enterprise Content Management, Web Content Management, Records Management, e-Archiving, e-Discovery and Digital Asset Management
• Knowledge and experience of the following industries: Public Sector, Banking & Finance, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Health, Media & Entertainment and Consumer Goods
• Very strong written communication skills, able to create clear feature and benefit presentations, and other materials for a variety of audiences
• Ability to articulate a value proposition to senior decision makers
• Proven ability to manage a complex sales process involving multiple management layers within a customer organisation (3-9 months’ sales cycle)
• A real driver with the persistence and creative sales talent to pioneer in a new frontier
• Ability to sell conceptually and consultatively; ability to address the strategic business benefits, not only talk product features
• Strong negotiation skills, supported by credibility at board level
• Demonstrable ability to close business within given time periods
• Entrepreneurial approach to new business generation (e.g. ability to work with consultants, channel partners, etc.)
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer tangible leadership and career development opportunities and dedicated training time to support professional growth.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with details of your current package and aspirations to our Recruitment team at – email@example.com – stating the role in the subject line.
If you would like further information or to discuss the role in person, please contact Mark Compton at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01235 428946.