Preservica is a high growth technology business that is changing the way organisations safeguard their digital information. As a world-leader in digital preservation technology, our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organisations across the globe.
We believe that in order to have a winning product you have to have a great team and we seek to hire the brightest and most talented commercial and technical innovators in the market today. As part of our continued expansion, we are now looking for an exceptional sales leader to assume the role of Vice President Sales & Channel based out of the US. You will be responsible for leading the global Sales, Pre sales & Channel teams (located both in US and UK) to sell the full range of Preservica products (both cloud and enterprise) and drive growth across existing and new markets across the globe.
You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding the company’s revenue targets (new business, and annually recurring revenue, ARR), sales growth, new market penetration and market share. As well as defining the optimal sales force structure, you will hire and develop sales staff and manage the use of sales budgets. You will define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
As an experienced senior executive, you will manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities. You will develop and manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction. You will work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs. The VP Sales & Channel reports directly to the Preservica CEO and the ideal candidate will live within commuting distance of Boston. Regular UK & international travel will be required.
With ambitious plans to grow the business, this is a great time to join a growing team and contribute to the company’s on-going success.
• Develop plans and strategies for developing new business and achieving the company’s sales goals
• Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
• Become known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top sales people want to join
• Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
• Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
• Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
• Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
• Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
Knowledge & Experience:
• 15+ years of increasing sales and sales management experience
• Knowledge and experience of SaaS, Cloud Services, Data Storage
• Knowledge of any of the following software markets: Enterprise Content Management, Web Content Management, Records Management, e-Archiving, e-Discovery and Digital Asset Management
• Knowledge and experience of the following industries: Public Sector, Banking & Finance, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Health, Media & Entertainment and Consumer Goods
• Very strong written communication skills, able to create clear feature and benefit presentations, and other materials for a variety of audiences
• Bachelor’s Degree (Business or Computer Science is an advantage)
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and drive, with the ability to persuade inspire and lead sales staff
• A real driver with the persistence and creative management & sales talent to pioneer in a new frontier
• A team player, able to proactively collaborate and innovate with the company’s leadership team including the CEO, VP Marketing and CTO,
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to operate at the highest level with senior decision makers at prospects, customers and channel partners
• Proven ability to manage a large team and portfolio of products, markets and partners
• Strong negotiation skills, supported by credibility at board level
• Entrepreneurial approach to new business generation
• Ability to travel
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer tangible leadership and career development opportunities and dedicated training time to support professional growth.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with details of your current package and aspirations to our Recruitment team at – email@example.com – stating the role in the subject line.
If you would like further information or to discuss the role in person, please contact Mark Compton at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1235 428946.