Achieving a Step Change in Digital Preservation Capability
3 Mar 2015
In this webinar, Preservica will be joined by the creators of the Digital Preservation Capability Maturity Model (DPCMM).
The DPCMM combines the requirements of the OAIS (Open Archival Information System) Reference model (ISO 14721) with the requirements for a Trustworthy Digital Repository (ISO 16363) into a scorecard that can be used to assess overall digital preservation capability (governance, policy, process and systems) — enabling an organization to quickly identify strengths as well as areas for improvement.
In particular, we will explore how deploying a standards-based digital preservation system can help achieve a significant step-change in an organization’s digital preservation capability — moving from nominal up to advanced/optimal capability in 9 out of the 15 DPCMM components.
What you will learn:
- How to assess digital preservation capability – using the DPCMM scorecard
- The key components of a robust digital preservation strategy
- How to conform with the main ISO Standards for archiving and preservation
- The core functions of a standards-based digital preservation system
- The impact of deploying a standards-based digital preservation system on overall digital preservation capability
- How to achieve a step-change in digital preservation capability