Keeping Archives Relevant in a Dizzying Digital World
5 Aug 2020 | 11:00 AM EDT | 8:00 AM PDT | 4:00 PM GMT+1 | 5:00 PM GMT+2
A digital preservation community meeting free and open to everyone
The quick-moving global events of 2020 have highlighted the need for archivists to work effectively and efficiently in the digital realm. This includes capturing history as it happens, processing remotely, and expanding ways for communities to share and access information online. The role of the archivist and digital archiving capabilities have never been more important to our institutions and to society.
In this session, Preservica customers and staff explore the evolving impact of digital archives, celebrate user projects and stories, and discuss innovations in archival practice.
Speakers and panelists:
- Lindsay Hiltunen, University Archivist — Michigan Tech University Archives
- Ashton Wingate, Digital Archivist — NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Gregory S Hunter, Professor — Long Island University
- Marta Crilly, Archivist — Boston City Archives
- And digital preservation experts from Preservica